Now that Memorial Day is behind us, summer is truly on the horizon. The approaching summer means the return of beloved outdoor activities in Hoboken such as Movies Under the Stars. Along with this outdoor movie tradition, Hoboken will be running outdoor Fitness in the Park classes as well as an outdoor concert series. Read on for the City of Hoboken’s Summer 2022 Fitness in the Park and summer concert series schedule.
Fitness in the Park
Fitness in the Park is a free sample of classes from local yoga studios and fitness studios.
Participants are advised to wear sneakers and loose-fitting clothing as well as bring a mat for applicable classes. In the event of inclement weather, participants should contact the local studio running the class, according to the City’s newsletter.
Fitness in the Park will be held at Pier A Park, 7th and Jackson Resiliency Park, Southwest Park, Southwest Pop-Up Park, and under the Viaduct.
Pier A Park Schedule
1st Street and Sinatra Drive, 7PM – 8PM
- June 6th: The Studio Hoboken, Beginners Hip Hop Class. For updates, email email@example.com
- June 13th: F45 Training Hoboken, Functional Training Bootcamp. For updates, call 201-758-8390
- June 20th: Urban Souls. For updates, click here for the website
- June 27th: Hudson Seed Yoga. For updates, email Trevorvaughan@hudsonseed.com or call 862-371-4966
- July 11th: Jane DO, DO it All Class . For updates, click here.
- July 18th: Urban Souls. For information, see June 20th.
- July 25th: Powerflow Yoga, Open-Level class. For updates, call 201-533-9642
- August 1st: CKO Kickboxing, CKO Kickboxing Class. For upates, call 201-963-7774
- August 8th: REMIXX MMA, Kick-Boxing Class. For updates, call 201-310-8381
- August 15th: Hudson Seed Yoga. For information, see June 27th.
- August 22nd: Jane DO. For class information, see July 11th.
- June 7th: Club Pilates, Mat Pilates. For updates, call 201-839-6648
- June 14th: Hudson Seed Yoga For class information, see June 27th.
- June 21st: Local Barre, Open Barre. For updates, call 201-710-5994
- June 28th: Rumble Boxing Hoboken, Power Workout. For updates, call 973-632-1539
- July 5th: Hudson River Athletics, Functional Fitness Workout. For updates, check the HRA Instagram page
- July 12th: Hudson River Athletics. For more information, see above.
- July 19th: REMIXX MMA. For information, see August 8th.
- July 26th: Local Barre. For information, see June 21st.
- August 2nd: Hudson Seed Yoga. For information, see June 14th.
- August 9th: Club Pilates. For information, see June 7th.
- August 16th: Rumble Boxing Hoboken. For information, see June 28th.
- August 23rd: Local Barre. For information, see June 21st.
7th and Jackson Resiliency Park Schedule
625 Jackson Street, 6PM to 7PM
Local Barre will be hosting an Open Barre class on the following Thursdays at 7th and Jackson Resiliency Park:
- June 16th
- June 30th
- July 14th
- July 28th
For updates, call 201-710-5994.
Southwest Park Hoboken Schedule
58 Jackson Street , 6PM to 7PM
Crossfit Hoboken will offer intro HIIT classes on the following Wednesdays at Southwest Park:
- June 15th
- June 29th
For updates, call 973-296-3273.
Southwest Pop-Up Park Schedule
58 Harrison Street, 6PM to 7:30PM
Hive Athletics will be hosting Coed Doubles Pickleball games in 30 minute matches, starting at 6PM, 6:30PM and 7PM on Wednesdays at Southwest Pop-Up Park. Advance registration is required and balls and paddles provided.
- June 22nd: Sign-up deadline is Friday, June 17th. Click here to register.
- July 13th: Sign-up deadline is Friday, July 8th. Click here to register.
For updates, call 201-528-5129.
Under the Viaduct Schedule
415 14th Street, 6PM to 7PM
Local Barre will be hosting an Open Barre class on the following Wednesdays under the Viaduct:
- June 15th
- June 22nd
- July 6th
- July 20th
Concerts in the Park
The Concerts in the Park series will run on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays throughout the summer. It officially kicks off on Monday, June 13th.
Mondays will be held at Southwest Park (38 Harrison Street), Tuesdays will be at Shipyard Park (13th Street and McFeeley Drive), and Thursdays will be at Sinatra Park (525 Sinatra Drive).
Mondays: Southwest Park Schedule
38 Harrison Street, 6:30PM – 7:30PM
- June 13th: The Fuzzy Lemons
- June 20th: Rockness Music
- June 27th: Swingadelic Quartet (6PM – 8PM)
- July 11th: Music Together
- July 18th: Music with Corey
- July 25th: Zydeco Revelator (6PM – 8PM)
- August 1st: Ron Albanese (aka Polka Dot)
- August 8th: School of Rock Student House Band
- August 15th: The Counterfeiters (6PM – 8PM)
Tuesdays: Shipyard Park Schedule
13th Street & McFeeley Drive, 7PM – 8PM
- June 14th: Ron Albanese (aka Polka Dot)
- June 21st: Yosi: Sing-A-Long
- June 28th: Mr. Magico
- July 12th: Hoboken Sings, A night of karaoke co-presented with The Hoboken Historical Museum
- July 19th: Music with Corey
- July 26th: The Fuzzy Lemons
- August 2nd: Rockness Music
- August 9th: Music Together
- August 16th: Americana Family Jamboree
Thursdays: Sinatra Park Schedule
525 Sinatra Drive, 7PM – 9PM
- June 9th: Hoboken Public Schools Music Department Students, Grades 3 to 12
- June 16th: Bar/ None Cavalcade of Stars: Yung Wu, The Schramms & Glenn Morrow’s Cry for Help
- June 23rd: Hoboken’s My Way Sinatra Sing-Off: 12 contestants compete for title of Best Sinatra Style Singer. If inclement weather, event will move to DeBaun Auditorium.
- June 30th: The Fleetwood Mac Engagement: An ALEO production
- July 7th: 63rd Army Band: Concert band pieces, show tunes, and patriotic selections
- July 14th: Hey Bulldog, A Beatles cover band
- July 21st: Guitar Bar Allstars: Sponsored by The Guitar Bar
- July 28th: Hoboken Sings: A night of karaoke co-presented with The Hoboken Historical Museum
- August 4th: Swingadelic Big Band: Blues, jazz and big band tunes from the 50s and 60s
- August 11th: Orquesta La Experiencia: Sponsored by The Puerto Rican Cultural Committee and President Raul Morales II
- August 18th: Julio Fernandez And friends: Sponsored by Burgiss