So many fun events this weekend in Hoboken – check them out below!
1. “Balancing Act” Exhibition at the Hob’Art Gallery: Thursday-Sunday
Come to Monroe Art Center for the “Balancing Act” Exhibition, curated by Heather Williams who had the idea to connect it to Black History Month. It is on display until March 2, Thursday to Sunday from 1:00-5:00PM and by appointment.
2. Friday Night Live featuring Enjoy Band at Wicked Wolf: Friday 10PM
Come over to Wicked Wolf Friday to see Enjoy Band perform live at 10PM. Enjoy $5 Coors Light bottle with cinnamon whiskey shot.
3. Sweaty Saturday in NYC: Saturday
This Saturday dozens of fitness studios in NYC will be participating in Sweat Saturday. Some will provide special gifts, live music, snacks, and all will be donating a percentage of proceeds to Partnership for a Healthier America (a childhood obesity non-profit). View the full schedule here!
4. 3rd Annual Scotch Tasting at Northern Soul: Saturday 5PM
Stop by Northern Soul this Saturday night for a scotch tasting sponsored by Aberlour. There will be 6 unique samples from distilleries all around Scotland, tickets are $40 per person.
5. Morning Yoga at the NJ Running Store: Sunday 11AM
Janel DuRoss will be at the NJ Running Store offering a complimentary in-store class (donations encouraged!). It will be an open level class, welcoming first timers, beginners, and advanced practitioners – don’t forget to bring your mat!
6. Hoboken Volunteers’ 5th Annual Chili Cook-Off: Sunday 2-6PM
Come over to Elks Lodge this Sunday for the Hoboken Volunteers’ 5th Annual Chili Cook-Off and Homebrewing Fundraiser! There will be live music entertainment by Gravy Train, chili (including vegetarian) and beer samples, and this event will be benefiting The Jubilee Center. Tickets are $35 in advance, and $40 at the door – get them here. PS: Jen, editor of HG is one of the judges!
What will you be up to this weekend?
Upcoming Week Events:
1. Tuesday, February 25 from 7-9PM – Valentine’s Day Black Dress Soiree, presented by the Women in Business Council, get more info and register here!
2. Tuesday, February 25 at 8PM – Trivia Night at Four L’s
3. Tuesday, February 25 at 8PM – Trivia Night at Mills Tavern
4. Wednesday, February 26 – Trivia Night at Wicked Wolf
5. Wednesday, February 26 – “Wednesdays Afterwork into the Night!” at Teak on the Hudson
7. Wednesday, February 26 from 8:30-9:30PM – 6 Week Beginner Yoga Series for Men at the NJ Running Store
8. Wednesday, February 26 at 9PM – Karaoke Night at Village Pourhouse
9. Thursday, February 28 at 10PM – College Night at Wicked Wolf ($3 cans, $8 pitchers, $4 fireball shots)