Welcome to HobokenGirl.com. Our team lives, breathes, eats, and drinks Hoboken and Jersey City lifestyle topics, and know that Hudson County is a unique place filled with entrepreneurs, young professionals, and families (some who have been here for only a few years to others that have been here for four generations) — all which create and add vibrancy to our exciting and diverse Gold Coast.
The site was founded in 2012 by Jennifer Tripucka as a personal blog when her love for our Mile Square turned into a low key obsession combined with a desire to write and share experiences at local businesses in Hudson County (+ having grandparents who owned businesses in Weehawken and North Bergen). On New Year’s Even 2012, Jen bought the domain name HobokenGirl.com, and since that moment, she decided to devote her extracurricular time to chronicling all adventures that Hoboken and its surrounding areas have to offer — from a female perspective.
In 2012, Jen was working as a school counselor in a public school in New Jersey, but fast-forward to 2017, she took Hoboken Girl full time. The site has grown into a lifestyle website about Hoboken + Jersey City — with over 1.4 million unique visitors in 2019 so far— with all topics written by ~15 contributors and five team members (who do it all as a side hustle and live locally — only two of us are full time!).
“It was a big risk and total labor of love-turned-job — and truth be told, I couldn’t have imagined to have it turn into what it is today, let alone do it without my amazing and dedicated team,” Jen says.
In 2019, Jen also started a podcast for the brand called Tea on the Hudson, which extends the lifestyle brand into the audio realm and covers local news in Hudson County, interviews of local celebrities, residents, and business owners, and shares hidden gems, self-care treatments, and other unique finds from contributors and the Hoboken Girl team.
^ The Hoboken Girl team at the 2021 Hoboken Wellness Crawl, a city-wide event hosted by HobokenGirl.com
^ HG contributors at Carlo’s Bakery
Things you will find on HobokenGirl.com on a regular basis:
– The latest and top news stories of what’s happening in Hudson County — specifically Hoboken and Jersey City
– Weekly events guide about what to do in Hoboken, Jersey City, and the surrounding areas + live music guides + holiday roundups of events
– Sharing political updates including a showcase of the candidates, where to register to vote, and local election news
– Our team also hosts events in Hoboken + Jersey City on a regular basis — including volunteering and charity events via Hoboken Girl Helps
– Restaurants and bar reviews and research — including openings and closings
– Fun roundups of the best spots for brunch, tacos, BYOB, and so much more
– Cocktails you *must* put on your tab
– Bars, events, and other places to eat and drink
– Vintage + local Hoboken and Jersey City boutiques
– The best spots for your manicure/pedicure and our team’s reviews of local beauty spots
– Facials, eyebrows, hair salons, and other reviews and experiences by our beauty-obsessed contributors
– Where to work out, what classes to take, and reviews (with scores) of fitness classes
– Local doctors’ sharing knowledge about various topics
– While kicking back a cocktail now and then, you can also find us drinking something green or gluten- /dairy-free
– Alternative therapies like reiki, acupuncture, massage — we share the 101 and our true experiences
– Our organization called Hoboken Girl Helps hosts charity and fundraiser events on a monthly basis for local residents to get involved and give back to the community
– We also share where you can volunteer or donate to local non-profits in the area on a monthly basis to keep residents in-the-know
– Working with several animal rescue organizations, adoptable pets are shared in order to help them find forever homes
– Entrepreneurs that inspire us locally
– Hoboken Girl of the Week articles featuring local Hudson County residents that are doing big things
– Brides and wedding features — showcasing the best places to get married, vendors to know, inspiration, and more
– Parents and tips for new moms and dads, resources, spots for kids + adults to enjoy in the area
– Photography, Real Estate, Travel, History about the area — you name it, we’re probably covering it.
And if not, email us: email@example.com!
– Looking to snag a steal or try out a new local business? Our deals directory is a collection of local businesses that offer deals to our readers — free of charge. Just pull up our page (or download our iPhone app here which has all our posts in one spot), show it to the business listed, mention ‘Hoboken Girl’ — and you’ll get hooked up. It’s a great way to discover new hidden gems and go-to spots you’ll grow to love.
- Truly anything else girly, fun, Hoboken- or Jersey City-centric that you need to know…the list really goes on and on.
GET IN TOUCH!
Questions + General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Editor-in-Chief: email@example.com
Event Partnerships: firstname.lastname@example.org
News tips: email@example.com
Advertising inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering Opportunities: email@example.com
Resumes + Contributor Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Errors/Article Updates: email@example.com
Read More: A Full List of Hoboken Girl Contributors
Follow us on social media:
@HobokenGirlBlog on all platforms.
Join our private Facebook group to connect with 7.5K other local residents + growing!