Women’s Rights marches are happening throughout the country on Saturday, October 2nd, and Sunday, October 3rd — including in New Jersey. The marches will be held two days before the federal Supreme Court reconvenes regarding the Texas law, which generally bans abortion after six weeks. The U.S. Supreme Court is also set to decide on a separate case originating out of Mississippi that could overturn Roe v. Wade, a 1973 decision that protected abortion rights.
^Image from Women’s March in Washington, DC in 2017
While marches are happening throughout the country, New Jersey marches in the North Jersey area — including in Hoboken — are being planned.
Here’s the list of marches in New Jersey on Saturday and Sunday:
Saturday Women’s Marches in New Jersey
- Stand UP for Reproductive Rights in Toms River | 2PM in Huddy Park at 39 E Water Street
- Red Bank Women’s March 2021 in Red Bank | 1PM at West and Monmouth Streets
- South Jersey Women’s March in Willingboro | 1PM at the John F. Kennedy Center, located at 429 John F. Kennedy Way
- Haddon Heights Women March in Haddon Heights | 11AM at McLaughlin & Norcross Memorial Dell Park on South Park Avenue
- Support Our Texas Sisters | 10AM Springfield Town Hall at 100 Mountain Ave
- The Women’s March in Downtown Basking Ridge | 10AM at the corner of Finley and Allen streets.
- Morristown March to Defend Reproductive Rights | 10AM Morristown Town Hall, located at 200 South Street
- The Women’s Rights March in Montclair | 10AM outside of Montclair’s Municipal Building at 205 Claremont Avenue
- My Body My Choice in Hoboken | 2PM along Washington Street starting @ PATH
- My Body My Choice in Cliffside Park | 2PM at Anderson and Lafayette Avenues
- Sign holding event in Fair Lawn | 10AM Fair Lawn Municipal Building at 801 Fairlawn Avenue
More about the Hoboken March
According to the Women’s March website, the Hoboken Women’s March will take place at 2PM.
Coordinators shared on its page that marchers should meet at the Hoboken PATH Station, 1 Hudson Place, and will stay there until 2:30PM and then will walk down Washington Street and end at 14th Street Viaduct. The coordinators request those marching to bring signs/posters, and noted that this is a peaceful march.
Sunday Women’s Marches in New Jersey
Women’s March Keyport in Keyport | 11AM at the Keyport police station
Rally for Abortion Rights in Jersey City | 2PM at City Hall Plaza, located at 280 Grove Street
Want more events happening this weekend? Click here for a guide.