If you’re looking for a new go-to neighborhood bar and delicious wings in Jersey City, we found the ideal spot for you. Grove Station provides a lively ambiance, delicious and healthy food, and affordable drinks and cocktails. Located at 116 Newark Avenue, the gastro pub is a popular spot to dine and drink with friends both during the week and on the weekends. Keep reading to learn more about Grove Station + its weekly bar specials.
All About Grove Station
Grove Station is a neighborhood gastro pub in Jersey City that serves healthy (yes, we said healthy) and delicious food paired with well-priced drinks. Founded by Jeff Favia, who has 30 years of experience in the restaurant business, Grove Station features menu items that are baked and grilled — never fried with little added oils.
“Not a trained chef, Jeff learned to train on the job beginning at his first business in Hoboken and established a 30-year career in the industry,” Louis Gener told The Hoboken Girl.
Grove Station is open for brunch daily between 10:00AM to 3:30PM, as well as for lunch and late-night dining until 1:00AM. Additionally, the bar features a DJ, karaoke, and happy hour until 8:00PM seven nights a week. You can also watch your favorite sports games on one of the five TVs in the gastro pub — perfect for football season with friends.
Popular Menu Items
Grove Station is known by locals for its wings (specifically its buffalo wings), which are slow-roasted and fall right off the bone. Some other popular menu items include the prosciutto, arugula, and provolone flatbread pizza, braised brisket, and tacos.
“All the food served here is never fried in oil,” said Louis Gencarelli. “This is food you genuinely enjoy eating and feel good eating at an affordable price.”
Additionally, the drinks at Grove Station are affordable and delicious — especially the handcrafted cocktails. The bar serves $20 pitches and some cocktail favorites include the watermelon sangria, screwdrivers, Bloody Marys, and mimosas.
Weekly Specials + Private Events
You don’t have to wait for the weekend to grab a drink or gather your friends at Grove Station. In fact, the restaurant hosts the following daily specials and themed nights throughout the week:
- Monday Nights feature $1 wings — what Grove Station is known for amongst local patrons.
- Taco Tuesdays provide $2 tacos, $3 altos shots, $4 Modelo drafts, $5 freshly-squeezed margaritas, and $6 Casamigos shots all night long.
- Martini Wednesdays features $6 martinis, during which you can try out their new ice cream martini.
- Country Western Thursdays entail $3 shots and $6 cocktails (mid-level) if you wear or buy a cowboy hat from the bar (just $8 for the cowboy hat — a steal if you ask us. Popular country artists including Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, Sugarland, Travis Tritt, Alan Jackson, Dolly Parton and more play in the bar all night long.
- Sunday Suppers include three-course meals and a bottle of wine for just $50.
To keep on top of additional and ever changing Grove Station weekly specials, like happy hour and Sunday and Monday Night Football, make sure to follow their Instagram.
Additionally, you can host a private party at Grove Station. From birthday parties to baby showers, Grove Station can accommodate various types of special events and any requests you may have to make your celebration even more memorable.