One way to ensure your safety and that of the people around you is by monitoring whether or not you have COVID – and yes, there are lines at most if not all COVID testing locations throughout the day but that’s when the at-home COVID tests come in handy. When you’re in a pinch, these easy DIY tests can determine if you are negative or positive if you are exhibiting symptoms (but please note that PCRs are much more effective, so this should be additional testing done, according to medical experts). Read on for where to purchase an at-home Rapid COVID test in Hoboken and Jersey City.
Disclaimer: This list was curated by our team on 12/23; these sites have been known to run out but often replenish daily. Please contact the sites directly for confirmation of supplies.
- – Self-tests can be taken at home or anywhere, are easy to use, and produce rapid results.
- – You can use self-tests regardless of vaccination status, or whether you are symptomatic
- – Follow all of the manufacturer’s instructions for performing the test.
- – If you test positive, you should isolate and inform your healthcare provider, as well as any close contacts.
- – Consider using a self-test before joining indoor gatherings with others who are not in your household.
- – A positive self-test result means that the test detected the virus, and you are very likely to have an infection and should stay home or isolate for 10 days. Wear a mask if you could have contact with others, and avoid indoor gatherings to reduce the risk of spreading disease to someone else.
- – A negative self-test result means that the test did not detect the virus and you may not have an infection, but it does not rule out infection. Repeating the test within a few days, with at least 24 hours between tests, will increase the confidence that you are not infected.
Where to Buy an At-Home COVID Test in Hoboken
Medicine Man Pharmacy & Compounding | 511 Washington Street
Hoboken Family Pharmacy | 307 1st Street
Better Life Pharmacy | 1000 Washington Street
CVS | 59 Washington Street, 811 Clinton Street, 210 14th Street
Walgreens | 101-105 Washington Street, 1320 Bernard McFeeley Shipyard Lane
Shoprite | 900 Madison Street
Where to Buy an At-Home COVID Test in Jersey City
CVS | 88 Morgan Street, 70 Hudson Street, 30 Mall Drive
Walgreens | 2395 John F. Kennedy Blvd, 1561 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Grove Pointe,
110 Newark Avenue, 395 Danforth Avenue, 337 Central Avenue
Family Pharmacy | 291 Central Avenue
Palisades Drugs | 338 Palisades Avenue
Amazon has also been selling them, and also this site will ship them: learn.vaulthealth.com/nj. We cannot guarantee any timeframes, but hoping the additions of these will help if you’re looking for additional tests and all stores are out.
Have an addition to the list?