It’s almost time to show your mom how much you appreciate her! Unsure of how to prove your gratitude? No worries! Here’s some ideas of gifts your mom would love.
1) Give her a gift from Peper & Parlor (938 Washington Street, Hoboken)
Peper & Parlor is also participating in the #HobokenBoutiqueCrawl next weekend. Are you going?
2) Get her a gift from Maxwell’s 9.13.34:
This gorgeous boutique is only open select weekends in Hoboken. Make sure to stop by today!
3) Take her to pamper herself at Luxe Face and Body (158 First Street, Hoboken)
Luxe has yummy soy candles, relaxing teas, soap, facial and lip products, perfume, and tan & makeup applications!
4) Pampering event at Studio 12 (534 Garden Street, Hoboken)
Join Studio 12 and Jen Johnson for wine and cheese while you a enjoy FREE hairstyle—updos, curls, you name it (with the purchase of highlights or hair color or a $100 gift certificate)—plus, get a FREE skincare consultation and FREE samples from Rodan + Fields. Call today to RSVP (201-798-7090) because space is limited.
5) Lavish her with accessories from Aaraa! (408 6th Street, Hoboken)
Aaraa has tons of options, so you’re sure to find the perfect gift for mom! Also a #HobokenBoutiqueCrawl participant next weekend. Cannot wait!
6) Mother’s Day makeup mastery class hosted by Make Up For Ever (Garden State Plaza)
May 10th at 11am-1pm. Only $25 for both you and mom! Call the Make Up For Ever boutique at Garden State Plaza to reserve: (201) 556-1070
7) Take her to see Hoboken’s Cantigas Choir (All Saints Episcopal Church, 707 Washington Street)
Hoboken’s own Cantigas Women’s Choir presents its twelfth annual spring concert titled WITH SONGS IN THEIR SATCHELS: Celebrating Those Who Brought Music to New Lands on Saturday, May 10, at 7:30 p.m. at All Saints Episcopal Church in Hoboken, N.J. The suggested donation for the concert is $15 ($5 for seniors and students).
The choir is conducted by renown conductor Leonardo San Juan. What better way to celebrate Mother’s Day weekend than with an international night of music featuring pieces from Argentina, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, Finland, France, India, Iran, Ireland, Japan, Lebanon, New Zealand, Poland, Spain, Taiwan, Venezuela, and more?
8) Run for the Jubilee Center on Mother’s Day in the HOHA Classic! (Pier A Park)
If you have an active mom, take her running on Mother’s Day! Applications are available at Fleet Feet (604 Washington Street) and Hoboken Golf (125 Grand Street).
9) Take her to a vineyard on Long Island!
I went to Croteaux Vineyards a few months ago, and I absolutely loved it. If you have a mom who needs to get away from the hustle and bustle, vineyards are the perfect getaway trip! Very fun, relaxing, and a trip to remember.
10) Treat her to some yummy, gluten-free and vegan Hoboken Girl chocolate peanut butter squares
You can get them at these Hoboken locations, and there’s also an opportunity to win prizes from those businesses! They’re delicious; you’ll be addicted from the start!
11) Take her to brunch or dinner in Hoboken:
Otto Strada (743 Park Ave, Hoboken) is open for brunch and dinner on Mother’s Day. They’re offering a special pre-fixe menu of $32/person and it’s the perfect opportunity to pamper mom with amazing food. Also, they serve kale chips at the beginning of your meal, which is pretty awesome. There are so many Hoboken options, it’s hard to choose — but this one is HG approved.
Happy Mother’s Day!
What are you getting the most important woman in your life?