We are thrilled to announce Hoboken’s Girl’s Annual Puppy Photo Bowl Contest is back for 2022. We all know Hoboken is crawling with adorable pups, so sharing photos of your adorable four-legged friend is a must — especially when it’s to help a rescue non-profit (and prizes are involved). This interactive contest will crown one lucky dog as the winner [of some amazing local prizes!] We will also be donating a portion of the sponsorships to Wise Animal Rescue, and encourage our entries to do the same.
The contest will take place from Tuesday, February 1st through Tuesday, February 15th.
What It Is
Our version of Puppy Bowl is a Puppy Photo Bowl Contest.
Starting Tuesday, February 1st, submit your pet’s cutest photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The photo can be of your furry friend in their cutest outfit or in their birthday suit, with a description of their favorite things. Include a screenshot of your donation of $5 or more to Wise Animal Rescue, our rescue of choice this year for *extra* consideration.
Nominations will be accepted until 11:59 PM on Sunday, February 6th. The nine finalists will be announced on Wednesday, February 9th at which time the entire community will vote on which pup is the cutest canine.
Voting will end on Sunday, February 13th at 11:59PM and the winner of the Hoboken Girl’s Puppy Photo Bowl 2022 will be announced on Tuesday, February 15th.
Contest Entry Requirements
- Follow @TheHobokenGirl + follow the contests’ sponsors @cornerstonepets, @thepawtyshoppe, and @_madisonbarandgrill on Instagram.
- Tag a fellow dog lover in the comments
- Submit via emailing email@example.com your pup’s photo for submission + screenshot of your donation and include a blurb about your dog (name, age, city, story, favorite treats, and activities, and favorite local pet business).
- Donate to Wise Animal Rescue via the link or via @Wise-AnimalRescue on Venmo — optional but encouraged.
Other info you may need:
- The dog does not have to be a puppy — we just call them all puppies 🙂
- A pic in their cutest attire or birthday suit is perfect — just make sure it’s 1200×1200px minimum sizing, large photos, or original size
- We recommend donating to Wise Animal Rescue and sharing a copy of the receipt via email — it may get you bonus points with the judges, but we’ll be donating a portion of our sponsorship fees, too!
The Contest Sponsors
Cornerstone Pets | 105 9th Street, Hoboken
IG Handle: @cornerstonepets
Giveaway Gift + Value: $100 gift card
Neighborhood favorite Cornerstone Pets in Hoboken has everything a pet owner could need, from toys to food to treats. The wide variety of high-quality pet food sold at Cornerstone Pets is perfect for limited ingredient diets, grain-free diets, consisting of dehydrated foods all minimally processed and many with all human-grade ingredients. Located in midtown Hoboken on 9th Street, this is a great spot to stop in and find something fun for your pup.
Madison Bar & Grill | 1316 Washington Street, Hoboken
IG Handle: @_madisonbarandgrill
Giveaway Gift + Value: $75 Gift Certificate
Located in uptown Hoboken on the corner of 14th Street and Washington Street, Madison Bar & Grill is known for its lively community environment and delicious food. From sandwiches to salads to pizza and pasta, this spot is perfect for game night or date night. Enjoy a night out with your pup in town while sitting out on the patio when the weather cooperates. With 25+ beers on the craft beer list, this uptown joint is a great way to celebrate the weekend.
The Pawty Shoppe + Hound Around Dog Walkers | 516 Adams Street, Hoboken
IG Handle: @thepawtyshoppe
Giveaway Gift: Any Pawty Pail (value up to $125)
Hound Around Dog Walkers has been a staple in the area since 2004 and offers individual walks and overnight pawjama parties to the tail-wagging residents of Hudson County. In an effort to connect furry friends during the pandemic, Hound Around Dog Walkers created the festive spin-off – The Pawty Shoppe. This shop provides pup-friendly themed treats from holiday goodies to bundles for birthdays, get-well treats, and Puppy Pails for those far away friends.
Don’t forget to submit a photo of your dog between Tuesday, February 1st and Sunday, February 6th via the form above or email firstname.lastname@example.org and donate either way — happy puppy bowling!
THE SUBMISSION FORM