Happy Halloween! On a special edition of the weekend events guide, I’ve got all Hoboken has to offer for the holiday weekend–there’s lots of options to choose from! Have fun and have a great Halloween!
Go on your own festive bar crawl:
1. 80s Halloween Party at Onieals — Friday, October 31-Saturday, November 1
2. Halloween Costume Contest at Pilsener Haus — Friday, October 31 (Opening to 7PM)
Along with a great $10 bier-and-bratwurst special, Pilsener is hosting a fun costume party for the opportunity to win $50 gift certificates!
3. Halloween Party at Black Bear Bar & Grill — Friday, Ocotober 31-Saturday, November 1
$3 Coors Light, $6 Stoli all night
Costume prizes include: $400 for best group, $100 most sexy, $100 best couple, $50 most original
4. Halloween Weekend Bash at Tally Ho — Friday, October 31-Saturday, November 1
$3 Bud Lights, $5 Jack Daniels, $6 Grey Goose
Costume contest prizes: $300 best costume, $200 best group costume, $100 sexiest costume
5. Mulligan’s Halloween Bash — Friday, October 31
Costume contest, giveaways, drink specials, oh my!
6. Halloween Weekend Bash at Maxwell Tavern — Friday, October 31-Saturday, November 1
Featuring DJ Patrice on Halloween night and DJ Gozzi on Saturday
7. Halloween at Wicked Wolf
Up to $1,000 worth of cash prizes. Yes, you heard right. Also enjoy $5 Tito vodka drinks.
“Orange is the New Black” Themed Halloween Party at The Brass Rail — Friday, October 31
Okay, The Brass Rail is officially awesome. Anyone who knows me knows I love OITNB. Also offering $4 Kentucky Fire shots and prizes for the scariest costume!
8. Mills Tavern Halloween Weekend — Friday, October 31-Saturday, November 1
Jack Daniels and Grey Goose specials until 10PM. Cash prizes for sexiest, scariest, and best couple costumes.
9. Halloween Bash at Marty O’Brien’s — Friday, October 31
$5 Fireball & Jameson shot specials all night
Costume Contest with $500 in Cash & Prizes
DJ AMR at 10pm!
10. Halloween at McSwiggin’s — Friday, October 31st
$2 Bud Light & Coors Light mugs all night
11. Halloween Party at The Turtle Club — Friday, October 31
Music provided by DJ Ralph Monte
12. Lulu’s Haunted on the Hudson — Friday, October 31
Absolut Bottle Special
$250 Cash Prizes for Best Costume
13. Halloween at Clinton Social — Friday, October 31
DJ and $500 in cash prizes
14. Halloween at Carpe Diem — Friday, October 31 at 9PM
DJ and $400 in prizes
15. Halloween at Little Town — Friday, October 31
DJ and cash prizes
16. Halloween at Finnegan’s — Friday, October 31
Live Music by Motorboat & Parlance
Drink Specials All Night
17. Halloween Night at Room 84 — Friday, October 31
Win big! Up to $2,000 in cash prizes.
18. Halloween Spooktacular at Mikie Squared — Friday, October 31 8PM-close — PLUS, a pumpkin pancake brunch on Sat & Sun. Yum!
19. Trinity’s 10th Annual Halloween Party and Costume Contest — Friday, October 31
This one’s for us, ladies–win up to a $150 Victoria’s Secret gift card!
20. Hoboken Horror Story at Teak — Friday, October 31
21. Halloween Costume Contest at City Bistro – Friday, October 31
Including Jack and Jack Honey specials all night!
22. Halloween Costume Contest at Village Pourhouse — Friday, October 31
23. Halloween at The Madison — Friday, October 31
DJ Luv at 9PM-3AM and cash prizes for best costumes!
24. Halloween at Hoboken Bar & Grill — Friday, October 31
25. Halloween Hangover: Bloody Mary Bar at Wicked Wolf — Saturday, November 1 at 11AM-3PM
Make your own bloody mary!
…or if you’d rather participate in an organized bar crawl, see info here.
For the whole family:
26. “Blithe Spirit” by Attic Ensemble –– Friday, October 31-Sunday, November 2
An interesting mix between horror and comedy, it’s lots of fun for the whole family. At the Barrow Mansion in Jersey City. Click here for more info.
27. Ragamuffin Parade and Costume Contest — Friday, October 31
Line of march set-up begins at 3:15 between 12th and 13th and Washington. Featuring live music, floats, and a costume contest featuring lots of prizes!
28. Dia De Los Muertos! Block Party — Saturday, November 1 at 1-4PM
On Jefferson between 1st and 2nd, come party (Day of the Dead style). Adults are free, and block party tickets are $10 a child and $25 family kid passes.
Activities for the little ones include: bouncy house, face painting, obstacle course, arts and crafts, and story time. Plus: Drop off your excess Halloween candy to give to troops overseas!
Adults: There will be food, plenty of beer, a bake sale, and professional photography.
Not feeling too festive? Check out these events…
29. “Imagined Realities” Exhibit at Hob’art Gallery – Friday, October 10-Sunday, November 2
The exhibition “IMAGINED REALITIES” is open at hob’art co-operative gallery, 720 Monroe Street, E208, Hoboken, NJ. Miriam Untoria and Meredeth Turshen will present artwork in the mediums of acrylic, oil paint, pastel, mixed media and assemblages. “IMAGINED REALITIES” will be open to the public from Friday, October 10 through Sunday, November 2, 2014. In addition, during Hoboken’s monthly Gallery Walk on Sunday, October 19, the artists will speak about their technique and processes at 3:30 pm.
30. 2014 Breeders Cup World Championship + Former Jets Players Host Sunday Night Football — Friday, October 31-Sunday, November 2
All weekend guests can watch and wager on The Breeders’ Cup, along with live Thoroughbred turf racing for double the excitement. On Friday, live Thoroughbred turf racing will begin at 1pm, followed by first Breeders’ Cup race at 5:25pm. On Saturday, doors open at 10am with live Thoroughbred turf racing at 12pm, followed by the first Breeders’ Cup race at 4:05pm. On Sunday November 2nd, Victory Sports Bar will host a Football viewing party at 12pm with special guests former NY Jets Wayne Chrebet, Bruce Harper and Wesley Walker. Fans can honor and congratulate Chrebet on his induction into the NY Jets Ring of Honor and enter to win tickets to see the NY Jets take on the Pittsburgh Steelers on November 9th.
Friday, Oct. 31 — Doors open at 11AM
Saturday, Nov. 1 — Doors open at 10AM
Sunday, Nov. 2 — Doors open at Noon
Upcoming Week Events
Tuesday, November 4 at 8PM – Trivia Night at Four L’s
Tuesday, November 4 at 8PM – Trivia Night at Mills Tavern
Wednesday, November 5 – Trivia Night at Wicked Wolf
Wednesday, November 5 at 7PM — Guys Night Out at Lulu’s Lounge
Thursday, November 6 at 7-10PM — Relay for Life First Annual Luminaria Gala at Kolo Klub (Get tickets and info here)
Thursday, November 6 at 10PM – College Night at Wicked Wolf ($3 cans, $8 pitchers, $4 fireball shots)
Soooo…out of 30 events, which will you be up to?! Have a safe & Happy Halloween!
*Trinity is now closed.
*Clinton Social is now closed.